Yonsei Korean in three weeks 3주완성 연세한국어 1
● The ‘Yonsei Korean in 3 Weeks 1’ was written for the foreigner and overseas
Korean students who seek to learn the Korean language within a short amount of
time. As a textbook for beginners, this was written to help the learner have a wider
understanding of Korea with the necessary lessons in vocabulary, grammar, culture,
and way of thinking.
● The ‘Yonsei Korean in 3 Weeks 1’ is made up of 15 lessons. Lessons 1-3 cover the
Korean alphabet and sentence reading, and lessons 4-15 cover the necessary
dialogues of everyday life in Korea with the vocabulary, expressions, grammar, and
tasks that a student must know at the beginner level.
● Five characters appear in the ‘Yonsei Korean in 3 Weeks 1’ and the 12 lessons
consist of dialogues about the everyday life of these characters.
● Each chapter of this textbook includes a chapter title, objective, illustration and
introductory questions, dialogue, pronunciation, vocabulary words, grammar, tasks
● The chapter title for each lesson is an important sentence taken from the chapter
● The objective for each chapter presents a communication skill and task necessary to
learn in order to motivate the learner and help promote a clearer understanding of
● The main dialogue of each chapter was created with the intention to make it the
most typical and representative type of dialogue concerning a targeted theme. Each
dialogue is made up of 4-7 sentences with 2 turns of dialogue. An illustration
and a couple of questions come before the dialogue to help the learner become
interested in the content of the conversation.
● Words from the dialogue that need special attention with pronunciation are presented
separately to help the learner practice the words with accurate pronunciation.
● The main chapter dialogues are presented in English, Japanese, and Chinese in a
supplement to help the learner easily understand the context and content of the
● The selected vocabulary words for the theme of each chapter that the learner must
know are presented with illustrations to help with understanding meaning. There are
321 words presented in ‘Yonsei Korean in 3 Weeks 1.’
● The grammar and sentence pattern lessons that come from each chapter’s main
dialogue are explained in the learner’s native language in a supplement and the
example sentences are presented. After the grammar presentation, practice questions
are included to help the learner check what he or she has learned.
● There are 3 tasks for each chapter which are consistent with the communication skill
presented in the chapter objective. The tasks adequately address the four skills of
speaking, listening, reading, and writing, and for the beginner stage, a greater emphasis
is made on speaking and listening.
● The culture section that pertains to the theme of the chapter and helps in understanding
the Korean language includes an explanation and photograph or drawing.
● As a supplement, translation, grammar practice, listening script, sample answers and
index are provided for the learner’s confirmation of the chapter’s contents and selfstudy
of the targeted grammar lessons.
● The sample answers present the answers to the vocabulary and grammar practice.
● In the index of vocabulary and grammar, the new vocabulary, including the vocabulary
related to themes, and grammar lessons are organized in Korean alphabetical order.
#3주 완성 연세한국어 #3주완성연세한국어 # 3주완성연세 한국어
YONSEI KOREAN LANGUAGE INSTITUTE
The Korean Language Institute was established on April 1st, 1959 as the first institute to provide intensive Korean language courses. The KLI not only has been offering Korean culture but also played a role introducing Korean culture and history through its language training to students, missionaries and diplomats.
All teachers are experienced and specially trained to teach Korean to non-native speakers. The attentive KLI staff continually work towards providing an enriched environment for their students. Today, the KLI has turned into a large-scale institute where 140 instructors teach approximately 1,700 students per term. 5,865 students have graduated from KLI in the past 53 years and total of 100,044 students from 144 countries have studied Korean at KLI.
KLI students come from all over the world and from all walks of life. The result is a lively, international mix of students who provide a stimulating environment for learning the Korean language. This environment provides many opportunities for diverse discussions and cross-cultural exchange that promote conversation skills and make for a better understanding of each other.
Chapter 1 Hangul (1)
Chapter 2 Hangul (2)
Chapter 3 Hangul (3)
Chapter 4 My name is Yuri
Chapter 5 Which country are you from?
Chapter 6 Is this your book, Michael?
Chapter 7 There are also Japanese people
Chapter 8 What does your younger sister do?
Chapter 9 The scenery is beautiful
Chapter 10 Shall we eat bulgogi?
Chapter 11 Please give us 2 orders of bulgogi and 1 naengmyeon
Chapter 12 I exercise from 3 to 5 o’clock
Chapter 13 What do you want to do on Saturday?
Chapter 14 I am going to the Dongdaemun Marketplace
Chapter 15 One is 10,000 won