Yonsei Korean in three weeks 3주완성 연세한국어 5
● The ‘Yonsei Korean in 3 Weeks 5’ was written for the foreigner and overseas
Korean students who seek to learn the Korean language within a short amount
of time. As a textbook for intermediate learners, this was written to help the
learner have a wider understanding of Korea with the necessary lessons in
vocabulary, grammar, culture, and way of thinking.
● 5 characters appear in the ‘Yonsei Korean in 3 Weeks 5’ and the 15 lessons
consist of dialogues about the everyday life of these characters.
● Each chapter of this textbook includes a chapter title, objective, illustration
and introductory questions, dialogue, vocabulary words, grammar, tasks,
pronunciation and culture.
● The chapter title for each lesson is an important sentence taken from the
● The objective for each chapter presents a communication skill and task
necessary to learn in order to motivate the learner and help promote a clearer
understanding of the chapter.
● The main dialogue of each chapter was created with the intention to make it
the most typical and representative type of dialogue concerning a targeted+AG63
theme. Each dialogue is made up of 6-11 sentences with 3 turns of dialogue.
An illustration and a couple of questions come before the dialogue to help
the learner become interested in the content of the conversation.
● Words from the reading task that need special attention with pronunciation
are presented separately to help the learner practice the words with accurate
● The main chapter dialogues are presented in English, Japanese, and Chinese to
help the learner easily understand the context and content of the dialogue.
● The selected vocabulary words for the theme of each chapter that the learner
must know are presented with illustrations to help with understanding meaning.
There are 369 words presented in ‘Yonsei Korean in 3 Weeks 5.’
● The grammar and sentence pattern lessons that come from each chapter’s
main dialogue are explained in the learner’s native language. Following that,
the example sentences are in Korean and are translated into the native language
of the learner. After the grammar presentation, practice questions are included
to help the learner check what he or she has learned.
● There are 3 tasks for each chapter which are consistent with the communication
skill presented in the chapter objective. The tasks adequately address the four
skills of speaking, listening, reading, and writing, and for the beginner stage, a
greater emphasis is made on speaking and listening.
● The culture section that pertains to the theme of the chapter and helps in
understanding the Korean language includes an explanation and photograph or
● The sample answers present the answers to the vocabulary and grammar practice.
When needed, sample answers to the tasks are also illustrated.
● In the index of vocabulary and grammar, the new vocabulary, including the vocabulary
related to themes, and grammar lessons are organized in Korean alphabetical order.
● As a supplement, translation, grammar practice, listening script, sample answers
and index are provided for the learner’s confirmation of the chapter’s contents
and self-study of the targeted grammar lessons.
#3주 완성 연세한국어 #3주완성연세한국어 # 3주완성연세 한국어
YONSEI KOREAN LANGUAGE INSTITUTE
Chapter 1 I am learning Korean in order to study at a Korean university
Chapter 2 I do my homework while listening to Korean music
Chapter 3 I don't think it's open on the weekends
Chapter 4 They give a big discount compared to the banks in the city
Chapter 5 They say that it'll rain all weekend
Chapter 6 My aunt told me to take a ride on this bus
Chapter 7 I thought we couldn't stay the night here
Chapter 8 My throats hurts and I keep coughing on top of that
Chapter 9 It's not getting any better even after taking medicine
Chapter 10 You can lose weight in a healthy way only when you exercise
Chapter 11 We were invited so we can't go empty-handed
Chapter 12 What was in the shopping bag?
Chapter 13 You have no idea how much I wanted to meet all of you
Chapter 14 Ask for window seating
Chapter 15 I'm going to stay another year